2.3
Additional Fees
Allergens Information
Layout of Store
Style and Design

My review is long but PLEASE READ TO END!I had been reviewing high quality beds for months, and had my heart set on one from another company, but then came across Mammoth.

After weighing out all my pros and cons, I decided to order from them, mostly because they are Canadian, and the reviews were good. I figured if it arrives and it's not what I hoped, I would just send it back. I did all the measurements etc as per their recommendation on the website, and bought an XL bed from this company for my 150lb Great Dane. I must admit, it arrived promptly and seemed to be of good quality.

I had paid for some upgrades (memory foam/nylon liner etc) as my dog was six and I wanted him to be comfortable with lots of support as he got older. I liked it, however, my Dane slept stretched out, and I could see he just needed a bit more room. So the next day I tried to contact them to request to exchange the bed. Everything the same, just one size bigger (XXL).

No answer on the phone, Live chat directed me to email support. I sent an email, and got a same day response, but all they did was ask questions about my dog. Size, weight, age, how he sleeps etc. I answered, but did not hear back.

(This was Dec 21st, 2016). On Boxing Day I tried live chat. No answer, and an hour later I got an email. They told me to be patient because it's the holidays and they are closed until the New Year.

So I waited, a week past New Years. Didn't hear back at all. Then I tried live chat..got directed back to email, and told again, please be patient, it takes 12-24 hrs for email response, we are assuming this it your first request. I lost my cool a bit and explained how I had already been very patient, and waiting too long!

I got an email back stating the bed I bought is big enough for my dog. I said it isn't, and why is this a problem, they will benefit if I get the bigger bed ($100 more). Then they said we are working with you, and will exchange the bed, but the next size XXL is custom and cannot be returned. I said that's fine, I know it will be better and he will be more comfortable.

A few more messages, then get told I have to pay to ship it back ($48). I can find any info on exchanges/returns on their website--they inform me it's all in the "terms and conditions" when you purchase the bed. So we finally arrange the return last week (it's been a month at this point). I sent mine back on Monday, with hopes to have the new one this weekend.

On Thursday night, (January 26th, 2017) MY DANE PASSED AWAY UNEXPECTEDLY due to Heart Failure. He died in my arms. I am heartbroken. That same night I emailed them in hopes the bed had not been sent, and also in hopes that there would be an exception to the "no exchange/refund" on the XXL bed., however I then saw that it had.

The response they sent was "we are so very sorry for your loss, but it was made very clear to you that this bed cannot be returned." The bed arrived the next morning, and my dog was gone. That was it! I'm out $400, on top of losing my beautiful boy.

Shame on this company, absolutely horrible customer service and no empathy.PLEASE DO NOT SUPPORT THIS COMPANY!

Review about: Mammoth Outlet Extra Large Pet Bed.

Had an Experience with Mammoth Outlet?

Comments

Thanks for the warning.That really sucks.

Lousy customer service in my opinion. Charging for all the extra 'add ons' in the first place. I don't have a dane but my large Collie loves to stretch out. Knowing the cost would be close to over $300 (probably need an x-large size, but with the extra stuff, still high priced).

Being so heartless as to refuse that you return the bed is just cold and not good customer service as far as I'm concerned.My deep condolences for the loss of you beloved companion.

Duluth, Georgia, United States #1348900

They made it very clear that the xxl was not returnable, period.

to Anonymous #1371370

Nothing they sell is truely returnable. Try it, you'll see.

I am deeply sorry for your loss.